The Ecosprinter, an independent and participatory magazine powered by FYEG, is opening a call for contributions for the 2021 printed edition on just transition.
How can we ensure that the transition towards a carbon-neutral society, the one we so much want to see, is also socially just, young people-powered and -oriented? The current speed of positive developments is certainly not fast enough – how can we accelerate change?
Throughout a one-year project on the topic of just transition, activists from across Europe have and continue to debate, share and learn about a wide variety of interesting and essential challenges of just transition. Now it is up to you, as an author and activist, to share your writings on just transition by proposing it for publication to the Ecosprinter.
This printed issue will be a collection of articles from across Europe. The good news: you can contribute to it with yours! Your article can be published in a sleek, cool, and collected design in 2021 printed edition of the Ecosprinter!
So, how does this work in practice?
- Find your idea! The just transition is not only about energy transition, but also about the necessary transformation to more democratic, inclusive, socially and environmentally just societies. There are plenty of topics to choose from!
- Choose the format you like: a story, interview, essay etc.
- Fill in this Google Form to notify the Ecosprinter Editorial Board that you’re in for the game!
- Start typing! Ecosprinter articles are usually about 500 to 700 words. However, if you feel like you cannot stop typing, try to stick to the maximum length of 1200 words.
- Send your first draft to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 14th of December (or as soon as you have it ready!) If you think you will need more time, don’t hesitate to contact us.
- Pick a good picture of you and write a few sentences about yourself, as you’ll be shortly introduced in the contributor’s section.
- Finalize the article after receiving feedback from the Editorial Board.
- That’s it! Then it’s our turn to take care of the design and printing. You will get a personal copy of the Just Transition issue from your member organization.
This call is open to everyone envisioning a better future. Share it far and wide! Do you want to check last year’s edition? Have a look here!